- Broaden Your Horizons -
PADI Specialty Instructor courses are a great opportunity for personal and professional development. Not only making an Instructor more employable with such popular specialties such as deep diver, Wreck Diver ad Enriched Air but allowing new and experienced Instructors to explore and develop new passions in diving and then sharing that passion with their students.
What are the prerequisites to start my PADI Specialty Instructor course?
Minimum certification requirements for each PADI Specialty Instructor course are as follows:
- PADI Divemaster/Assistant Instructor/Instructor – Digital Underwater Photography. Emergency Oxygen Provider.
- PADI Assistant Instructor/Instructor – Equipment Specialist
- PADI Instructor – All other listed Specialty Diver courses
Additional requirements for each Specialty Instructor course are listed within the program page.
How long will it take to complete my PADI Specialty Instructor course?
PADI Specialty Instructors training usually takes a single day for each certification required and cover:
- Overview of PADI Specialty Diver Courses
- Specialty Course Instructor Outline Review
- Knowledge Development Workshop
- Specialty Course Marketing and Promotion
- Establishing Costs
- Open Water Dives/Workshop
- Certification Procedures
What am I qualified to do once I’m a certified PADI Specialty Instructor?
Upon completion of each individual Specialty Instructor seminar and completion of application process you will be qualified to teach that Specialty Diver program while you are in Active and Teaching Status. You will not have to renew each SI status each year as it will be included in your PADI renewal fees.
How much does the PADI Specialty Instructor course cost and what’s included?
- PADI Specialty Instructor seminar 4,000 THB each
- PADI Specialty Instructor package 16,000 THB for 5 Specialty Instructor seminars
- PADI SI application fee 101 AUD per Specialty
You must also bring your PADI Specialty Instructor Guides with you to each seminar.
Which Specialty Instructor seminars are available with I-D.C?
- Deep Diver
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Enriched Air*
- Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Equipment Specialist*
- Gas Blender*
- Self-Reliant Diver*
- Sidemount Diver*
- Underwater Navigator
- Night Diver
- Search & Recovery
- Wreck Diver
*Prerequisite recreational certification and/or experience required.